Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Your personal data is important to us and it is our policy to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. This policy outlines how we manage the personal data we hold in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act in Singapore (the “Act”).
Types of Personal Data We Collect
We may collect and hold personal data of persons and entities including but are not limited to:
• Job applicants and employees;
• Service providers; and
• Other person whom we may come into contact.
Examples of such personal data include bio-data, contact details, account information and your preferences, queries, requests and feedback.
How We May Collect Your Data
The ways in which we may collect your personal data include (but not limited to) collecting directly or indirectly from your authorized representatives during:
• you using our website;
• you using our services;
• you contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
• you applying for a job or internship;
• you participating in visit to our contact centre;
• our conducting or completing of transactions;
• our conducting market research or customer engagement or other survey;
• our conducting interviews.
Purposes for which the Personal Data is Collected, Used and Disclosed
We will/may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- For the supply of any goods and/or services which we may offer to you or that you may request, obtain or purchase from us.
- To deal with, process and/or administer your use of the online services at any of our website(s) and/or through other digital or telecommunication channels.
- For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the goods and/or services that may be supplied to you by us or that you may request from us.
- To carry out your instructions, respond to any enquiry or deal with any feedback given by (or purported to be given by) you or on your behalf, including contacting you via phone/voice call, text message and/or fax, email and/or postal mail regarding your instructions, enquiries and/or feedback.
- To conduct research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys, focus groups and/or profiling) to improve our services and facilities for your benefit.
- To contact you or communicate with you via various modes of communication such as phone/voice call, text message and/or fax message, forms, email and/or postal mail for the purposes of administering, dealing with and/or managing your transactions with us. You acknowledge and agree that such communication by us could be by way of the mailing of correspondence, documents or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages.
- To carry out due diligence or other screening activities (including security and background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or our risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us.
- To prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or omission or misconduct, whether there is any suspicion of the aforementioned, dealing with conflict of interests or dealing with and/or investigating complaints.
- To comply with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements of any jurisdiction applicable to us, including meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on us, and/or for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities (whether of Singapore or elsewhere), with which we are expected to comply.
- To comply with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental authority; or respond to requests for information from hospitals, embassies, public agencies, ministries, statutory boards or other similar authorities (including but not limited to the Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Trade and Industry, Ministry of Education, Immigration and Checkpoints Authority, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Manpower, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Social & Family Development and Central Provident Fund Board).
- To facilitate and/or deal with payment for goods and/or services provided by us, and/or a third party on our behalf including verification of credit card details with third parties and additionally, using the personal data you provide to conduct matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties).
- To deal with, handle and/or conduct disciplinary, security and quality assurance processes, matters and/or arrangements. Without prejudice to the generality of the aforesaid, we wish to bring to your attention that there are surveillance cameras installed on our premises for security reasons and you acknowledge that your personal data will be collected by such cameras and processed by us consequently.
- To perform internal administrative, operational and technology tasks to facilitate, administer or manage your transactions with us.
- To produce statistics and research for internal and/or statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements and performing policy/process reviews.
- To help us improve our services to you; and/or
- To store, host, back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside Singapore. (collectively, the referred to as the “Purposes”)
Sharing of Personal Data with Third Parties
We will only use, disclose and/or transfer your personal data for the purpose you have been notified of and consented to or which are permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
We will not sell, rent or give away personal data to third parties for commercial purposes without your consent.
We may/will need to disclose your personal data to third parties, including to banks, payment service providers and/or other payment gateways, whether located within or outside Singapore, for one or more of the above Purposes, as such third parties, would be processing your personal data for one or more of the above Purposes.
Where personal data is disclosed or transferred to organizations outside of Connect Centre Group who handles or obtains personal data such as service providers to Connect Centre Group, we require such organizations to acknowledge the confidentiality of such personal data, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the Act and this Policy and use such personal data only for our purposes and otherwise follow our reasonable directions with respect to this data.
In addition, where personal data is transferred overseas and we may need to process or deal with your personal data outside Singapore, we will ensure such transfer is in compliance with the PDPA and policy or is permitted under applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
Management, Protection and Storage of Your Personal Data
We have appointed Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to oversee the management of personal data in accordance with the Act.
We treat breaches of your privacy very seriously and have spent all possible effort to implement measures to secure and protect your information such as training our employees who handle your personal data to respect the confidentiality of such personal data and your privacy, storing personal data in a combination of secure storage facilities and paper based files and other records, taking steps to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modifications or disclosure.
We also put in place measures such that your personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or made anonymous as soon as it is reasonable and/or practicable to assume that (a) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (b) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
Data Access and Correction
You can submit request to access the personal data we hold about you, please contact our DPO in writing. However, we will need to verify and confirm your identity as well as the nature of your request, to be able to deal with your request accurately. We reserve the right, or may, charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request. We seek to provide you with the relevant personal data within 30 days. Where we are unable to respond to you within the said 30 days, we will notify you of the soonest possible time within which we can provide you with the information requested.
We endeavour to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. We realize that such personal data changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstance. We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible in order to update any personal data we hold about you. Please contact our DPO via the channels below. We may require you to verify your identity.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by contacting our DPO. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal, including us being unable to perform the transactions requested by you on our website.
Do note that your withdrawal of consent will not affect our ability to collect, use or disclose your personal data for a specific purpose without your consent, if the PDPA or a provision in applicable law permits us to.
If you have any complaint/feedback, suggestion or grievance regarding about how we are handling your personal data or about how we are complying with the PDPA, please do contact us via the channels below. We will endeavour to act promptly in response.
For any enquiries on our Privacy and Data Protection Policy, you may contact us via the following channels:
• Email us at DPO@connectcentregroup.com
Write in to:
Attn: Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Connect Centre Group
Blk 203, Henderson Road, Henderson Industrial Park, #10-13 Wing A,
In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with any and all agreements and contracts with Connect Centre Group, these shall be resolved through mediation at the Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) in accordance with SMC’s Mediation Procedure in force for the time being.
Either or any party may submit a request to mediate to SMC upon which the other party will be bound to participate in the mediation within 45 days thereof. Every party to the mediation must be represented by at least the seniority of a Head of Department or its equivalent, with authority to negotiate and settle the dispute. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, the Mediator(s) will be appointed by SMC. The mediation will take place in Singapore in the English language and the parties agree to be bound by any settlement agreement reached.
Updates to this Policy
This policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of the new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. This policy was last updated on 11 Jan 2021. If you are unsure whether you are reading the most current version, please contact our DPO via email.